Progress: Windows on an (Intel) Mac

Re: Report of XP booting on Intel Mac

the issue with running windows on intel Mac's as to do with the what is used to call the hardware when compared to more common PC's ie the windows and *nix side of the fence.

The BIOS or the lack there of on Intel Mac's is the where the problem is, though from what I've read the EFI is a much better idea then BIOS but only time will tell us.

Now Apple said it would not go out of its way to stop folks from installing Windows on Intel Mac's

Re: Report of XP booting on Intel Mac

muzikool said:
Further discussion in the Macintosh section. :)

I know muzi.. I even made mention of it in my initial post
I was going to put this in the existing thread, but thought it big enough to deserve a thread of it's own. (note to mods: feel free to move/merge the thread as desired)

And I say again - feel free to merge the threads as desired :)

The contest has officially been won: http://onmac.net/
Latest Update

Contest has been won - updates to follow shortly. All further donations will go into an account to sustain the open source project that will be launched with the initial solution.
Thanks to Journalspace for hosting this contest in our hour of need!

Lovely :D

Where are the instructions? I want to have studied this for a while, so that when I get my Macbook Pro, I can get it dual booting.

Somone put together a boot loader found here

Haven't checked it out yet because the site looks like it has been dugg

Now, I can't tell exactly what's here, but I think it has directions on how to do it. Don't quote me on that however, as I have been trying to get there all morning and can't. I know this guy who is a Mac nut, and he sent it to me via e-mail earlier today....

http://www.winxponmac.com/download/

Keep trying, if I can get to it eventually I'll post back. Even the root of the site has been unreachable :(

Grandmaster said:
Might have to grab a Mac Mini :p
Wouldn't bother just yet. Windows may well run, but there's still a lacking in the department of drivers for everything ;)

I wonder when they'll come out with a Mac Nano :smoker:

Probably a really dumb question, but do they have PDA's that run a Mac OS, like Windows Mobile?

/gets ready to duck flying chair :eek:

kcnychief said:
Probably a really dumb question, but do they have PDA's that run a Mac OS, like Windows Mobile?

No.

kcnychief said:

The Apple Newton was the closest thing to that, although it didn't run the Mac OS, per se.
It was out for six years from '93 to '98, but it never really took off, so you don't see them around much anymore.

It cost way too much. It was a really cool device but the price and the overall compatability was poor.

With the patent that Apple has filed for a tablet like device, they might be considering going into the field of Palm and Windows Mobile.

Thanks for the info guys, at least I wasn't totally crazy. I didn't think I had heard of anything that was like that :)

Surprised Apple hasn't re-visited it yet, that was awhile ago

I dont have a mac but i gave the link and info to a friend of mine
-Jack

Nothing new, but Vista Beta 2 works on the Macbooks. I got it to run on my Macbook Pro and I assume it works on all Intel Macs.

It gives it a workout though, fans blowing full speed 24/7

Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back