Programs that may behave differently in Windows XP Service Pack 2

I saw that yesterday and posted here and I was shocked when I counted over 200 programs and games that could be affected by this. I like how M$ played it off by putting it back onto the software and game companies to come up with the fixes if there are any issues. This was the exact case after XP was released and tons of software programs couldn't run properly or at all until updated drivers were made available. I'm in no hurry!

Remember, MS is probably reporting anyone that has had problems with these programs. Half the problems probably aren't even related to SP2.

The number of Microsoft programs which are reported to have problems makes you wonder whether they actually tested this at all before releasing it.

I was led to believe that the delay in release was due to extended testing but this doesn't appear to have had the correct effect.

I've had problems with MSN Messenger 6.2 ever since I put on SP2 (I know MSN Messenger is dodgy at the best of times!), now I cannot receive any files through it as it always fails right at the end during the virus (I can send them fine) despite a fairly major patch for Norton Antivirus the other day.

Microsoft strikes again.

o0RaidR0o said:
At first I would get path errors when I launched a proggy from quick launch, but after a couple of reboots the path errors stopped.

My concern now it that everytime I reboot, the "My Documents" folder opens and it is becoming annoying.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so has anyone found a solution to prevent this from happening?

Thx ahead!

Peace!

Just thought I'd share my solution with everyone.

I found an additional line in the "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\Winlogon\Userinit" regkey.

The string value is suppose to look like this and nothing else trailing it, "C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe," yes the comma belongs there and yes it was an old hold over from a spyware cleaning I did, prior to installing SP2.

The Stork said:
I was led to believe that the delay in release was due to extended testing but this doesn't appear to have had the correct effect.

Yep M$ released this over a year late. Pain ain't it, I think they spent too much time on Longhorn.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back