Programs Menu Q

R

Rescueone

I know this has prob been asked before but can't see it anywhere, Can someone please tell me how I can put some order into my start-Programs menu as I should be able to put all the all programs like to do with the internet in one folder but can't find a way to do this like I could with windows ME, 2000. even Making a new folder in the programs dir is impossible.
Thanks in Advance:D

I hope I understood you correctly try this:

01. Click on start::run
02. Type the following but note the changes
C:\Documents and Settings\Master\Start Menu

C:\
Drive you have your documets in
Documents and Setting
default place where winxp puts your docs
Master
(my own user.. in your case it's probably somethign else)

Start Menu
where your start menu programs are

After you go there, basically you can create folders/change the icons of your programs/etc..

or just right click on the start button and select open or open all users. that goes straight to your start menu folder

ok, one question: why doesent all the programs i have in start-all programs turn up when i go as explained above?it just shows 4-5 progs, and i have a lot more installed..

'coz the number of items listed in the start menu equals C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu + C:\Documents and Settings\your username\Start Menu

The simpliest way to customize your start menu is just drag&drop on the start menu itself. If you are unable to do that for some dark reason, try exploring the "Documenst and settings" folder.

My two cents

Thanks All that works a treat thought it must be something simple.;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back