Programs in start menu?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by celi, Mar 26, 2003.

1. celi

celi Guest

somehow, almost all my programs in the start/programs/.....
    are gone...

acessories,startup,msn messenger, and a few othere are still there but the majority of the programs are gone (disappeared).. such as games,msOffice,and other programs i use.

i have 3 users, and the administrator doesNOT have any thing listed in the start/programs but the other two users have a few..

does anyone know how i can get them back showing?
  2. yoyo

yoyo _________________

Don't have any idea how they got lost, but you could just put shortcuts to your programs into the folder
    C:\Documents and Settings\username\Start Menu\Programs
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs

Easiest way is to open one of these folders and your Program Files folder, find the exe files you want in your start menu and while pressing ctrl+shift drag them to your start menu folder (or drag with right mouse button and choose 'create shortcut').
  3. RogerPhillis

RogerPhillis Guest

I understand the problem.
    If you install/uninstall vast amounts of software as I do, you might come across the occasional program that causes multiple entries in the start menu to be removed at the same time as its own short cuts.
    Would mentionedthat taking short cuts from the program folder might be better than using copies of exe file ,to save space used.
  4. yoyo

yoyo _________________

In case you misunderstood, dragging an exe file while holding ctrl+shift doesn't copy but creates shortcuts.