Programs are not working

Attached is a screen-shot of the Office 2003 Installer error. It doesn't use a CD because I downloaded it off of my University's website.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_235.jpg
    ScreenHunter_235.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 86
Ok, it got more interesting.
I booted into safe mode and logged in as the Administrator, I then proceeded to load CMD and run sfc /scannow it came up with this error "Windows File Protection could not Initate a scan of protected system files"
"The specific error code is 0x000006ba [the RPC server is unavailable]"

I then proceeded to go into the Control Pannel to start or restart the service RPC, but it came up with the same error I was getting before, and would not let me access the services, or computer management.

Any ideas?

SFC (system file checker) will not run in safe mode and you do not have to run it from command prompt although you can. You have to boot into normal mode to run sfc.

Start, Run then type or copy/paste this in box sfc /scannow and then make sure you have the Windows CD handy.

It doesn't do anything when I put it in the Run box, so in normal mode, I am logged in as a Computer admin, and enter it in into the cmd box, and here is what it says:

"You must be and administrator running a console session in order to use the Windows System File Checker Utility"

Ok, it is now working. Much thanks to a friend.

Here is how it was fixed,

I searched under c:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download to find a backup copy, and then I found the original one in:

C:\Windows\System32

I then renamed the current one, and copied one of the backup ones into the the C:\Windows\System32 folder, restarted the computer and it worked.

Thanks to all who offered suggestions and help.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back