Program Updates Help

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by pepsihabbit, Dec 3, 2002.

1. pepsihabbit

pepsihabbit Guest

There used to be a service on Cnet called catchup that would scan your computer and find updates to the software on your computer. They stopped that service. Is there any other internet service or program I can buy that will do the same thing?

Thanks

2. Jahya

Jahya Guest

Well I'm at work....

http://www.tech24.com/softwareupdates.asp

This link takes you to a page where you can download CNet Catchup and then scan for your updates. I was able to d/l the file, but I got an error when installing because I do not have full admin rights on this system, so I was unable to see if the scan actually works.....hope this helps and thank Google.

;)

3. bullelk

bullelk Guest

CNET Catch-up is not in service

Good try Jahya,

But as you saw on the original post the service has been discontinued. You cna load catch-up but the service is dead and you can't automatically scan all of your programs any longer.

I used this all the time and would be interested if any other members know of alternatives.

4. bullelk

bullelk Guest

CNET Catch-up is not in service

Good try Jahya,

But as you saw on the original post the service has been discontinued. You cna load catch-up but the service is dead and you can't automatically scan all of your programs any longer.

I used this all the time and would be interested if any other members know of alternatives.

5. Jahya

Jahya Guest

Well, I gave it the ol college try anyway....Since I wasn't able to verify it here at work, I thought maybe since it was on tech24.com it may just work....I was wrong. But this is nothing new. Maybe I can find out something else in the next 7 minutes before I call it quits for the day.:eek:

6. jelliot

jelliot OSNN Junior Addict

Hey all wassup, I've been "Out of Whack" for the last fewdays...

Anyhow that sort of program is not all that hard to comeby M.S.I has a Prog called InfoView and they have another called :Live Update though they are predominately for their own product nearly all chipset sites have their own version. Personally though i suggest doing it by hand one at a time both for experience and in case you have any problems
    Jelliot:)

7. chastity

chastity Moderator Political User

Well I tend to agree with jelliot last line but that said I think I found a program that fits what your looking for.

check this out