prodj88's Questions

prodj88, people are willing to help, but you really need to stop asking to be spoon-fed every answer. Try a little research before asking.

SPeedY_B said:
prodj88, people are willing to help, but you really need to stop asking to be spoon-fed every answer. Try a little research before asking.

this is hard for me okay???????? :eek:

anyway i don't know how to run the command...i tried openeing up mysql.exe and it beeps and just closes.... heres a picture with all the diff EXE's there are

Attachments

• asdf.JPG
    asdf.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 115
Start>Run, type cmd
in the window that appears type
C:
then
cd www\mysql\bin
then type
mysql.exe

you should then in theory be in the MySQL shell type thinger

ps, crack a(n) (e)book or something

try
mysql.exe -u root password <password>

type any old password for <password>
then try logging into mysql with
mysql.exe -u root -p
and enter the password when prompted

actually if I remember correctly you need to have a file called my.cfg in C:\ which a bunch of stuff in it, cant remember what it all was though

CHiLLaXen said:
mySQL is the database program, myphpadmin is a GUI to create/edit databases though the web.

First check to see if your webhost lets you have a SQL database. If so, check to see if you need to ask the admin to create a database for you (some webhost lets you create databaes.)

after that I would read up SQL and PHP at these sites:

http://www.w3schools.com/sql/default.asp
http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/programming/php/tutorials/tutorial4.html

hope this helps

I posted this a while back, don't know if you looked at those two links, but they should help you understand SQL.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back