prodj88's Questions

Hehe, didn't notice until now :D But you really are my script monkeh, you fix (almost) all my problems, especially with Javascript shiz.

Khayman said:
Server side means all the code is processed on the server and then sent to the clients browser. Things like HTML and JavaScript are client side, the code gets sent to the browser which then interprets it.
PHP is nothing like HTML. With PHP you can connect to databases, do calculations, manipulate data etc, HTML just displays data, it has no "processing" ability

k i think that helped me understand it better....
well im takin a class on it soon (computer programming) i know we are doing C++ and java but idk about PHP......HMMMMMMm

coding is coding, once you know the basic structure of programming, it is just learning the syntax for different languages.

yuck, frames, stay away from them

You can do it without frames, using includes and CSS

Could even use SSI for that, no need for PHP. Oooh.

yeah, includes or a template, you can easily do that by just reusing the same piece of HTML and changing the other part

BTW I wouldnt recommend Sinai Divers, the Red Sea Diving College is way better

making a MySQL database

hey how do i make a MySQL database using apache??? could someone tell me how and where i type the mysql username and password? the reason i need it is because i want to setup this Photo gallery i saw on hotscripts.com... :cool:

you don't create a database with apache. You can use phpMyAdmin or through the command line [I think you can do that with Windows].

im such a newbie lol. i'll try phpmyadmin...i'll tell ya how it works out

:edit: hey i was gonna give u good reputation poitns but its not there :confused:

wow i can't do this. its hard... im so confused am i supose to use MySQL or Myphpadmin to create the database?

mySQL is an application server software that is certified by the SQL standards. SQL stands for Structured Query Language. Any command that follows SQL syntax can be performed on any SQL platform.

If your software requires the use of mySQL, check with your host to see if you have access to creating a mySQL database. If you do, you will need to get login/password details from them. They can also assist you in setting up permissions for your database for use with your program.

im web hosting from own PC (apache) hello? read at the top...and no i haven't stilll done it yet....i don't know how to create the database....a1ehouse tahnks for hte program it has everyghing i need but i still don't know how to use it :-/

prodj88 I've merged all your threads into one big thread. Why? Keeps the forums less cluttered. From now on just simply ask your questions in here...

Ah ok. In that case, you will need to download and install mySQL from http://www.mysql.com. I would recommend you use the binary installation for the operating system you are using. A word of caution, if you are not familiar with mySQL, read some of the documentation about installation and security.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back