prodj88's Questions

wow nice gonzooo :)
hey it looks like i might not fail at this after all... im just waitin for my ftp to get up again b/c they closed it for few days to upgrade it....

blogs = for people who try and look as though they are active but aren't because they spend all their time writing logs.

Sorry, Yes I am being evil, I just have been seen the point of them :D

Dublex said:
I just have been seen the point of them :D
What? :p

Of course they're pointless, that's why they are personal sites. They just happen to be on the internet, if others read (or want to read) them... so be it.

SPeedY_B said:
I use SPeedY_B Content Management System Of Doom Limited Mega Ultra Uber Super Release. Doom Edition. (Translation: I made it myself :p)

You should be ok with IPB as long as you follow the documentation that comes with it. :)

yeah so release it, bitch! haha, its pretty class!!!!

I've just vastly improved the editing system and added URI parsing in comments, oooh.

but still.. no :p

SPeedY_B said:
I've just vastly improved the editing system and added URI parsing in comments, oooh.

but still.. no :p

grrr...lol! :)

u ever planning on releasing it? i may attempt my own but apart from adding new messages i doubt i wil get much further! hmph

As favourable as I am to having everything open source for learning etc, it seems every time I even make something public people just steal it without giving me any credit, or even saying thanks. It gets quite annoying, so we'll see..

what's php

can anyone describe what PHP is and how its different from HTML. and could u do the same with ASP? thanks

PHP stands for PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor. It is a scripting language, much like Javascript, but then more powerful and it runs serverside. The difference between PHP and HTML is that PHP is much more dynamic and run serverside, while HTML is static and run clientside (and thus depends on the clients browser).
More info: http://nl3.php.net/manual/en/intro-whatcando.php

PHP is a server side programming langauge, It's in no way like HTML. ASP is similar, but ASP is a Microsoft langauge

what do u mean by server side programming language....??? im just basically trying to find out when people would use PHP and when they would use HTML

Server side means all the code is processed on the server and then sent to the clients browser. Things like HTML and JavaScript are client side, the code gets sent to the browser which then interprets it.
PHP is nothing like HTML. With PHP you can connect to databases, do calculations, manipulate data etc, HTML just displays data, it has no "processing" ability

HTML is a markup language, PHP is a scripting language. Javascript and PHP are similar, but PHP is done by the server and javascript is done by the client.

Its been that way for a while :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back