Processor doing all the work!

B

bigals

dragging the blue box around icons in my computer runs like shit and uses all the processing power

I thought it was the processor bottlenecking and i don't understand why it is running so slow?

does anyone know why this is or how to remedy the problem?

System:
I have XP pro on my system, and i am running a 1.0 GHz pentium 3 with 256 meg of RAM and a 32 Meg geForce 2

cheers, Bigals.

If you mean when you are holding the mouse key in and selecting a bunch of icons it seems to take a large toll in XP more so then it did in 2k, my best advice is to turn off the details on the left side of the screen that say how many files selected and the size as it seems to slow it down as it calculates the total, this is due to the processor working and the harddrive skipping around as you select, you might consider running a defrag and seeing if that helps any :)

processor!

I hjave tried a defragg yesterday, my friend is running XP the same way as me and he has a 700MHz processor, a watch the task manager, the processor goes to 100% and the mem and hard drive go fractionally higher, the same is isplayed in the windows performance check program.

any more complicated and more realistic ideas, no offense intended of course.

thankyou for your inpyt mate,

BIGALS

You said your friend has the same type of set up, but I couldn't follow, is he having the same type of problem as you are?

processor

no, his system is running better and he has a slower chip, can you help tell me how to check if my chick is running fast enough?
or something like that ?

This could be a video driver problem. Do you have the latest drivers?

processor

yes mate your right i solved it yesterday, thankyou anyway my friend!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back