Processes in memory: need an app

Eck

.user
Well here I am with Windows XP SP2 and a 19 day uptime. RAM usage is at 514MB. With SP1 it never went that high. First off, why is memory usage up so much in SP2?

Second, is there some application out there that can show me every single process running in my memory? Task manager just leaves so many things out it seems. 514MB RAM usage seems like a little bit much to me. That's only with 1 IE window open, MSN Messenger, AIM, and Winbar running. Norton Antivirus and ZoneAlarm are also running in the background. But that's it. A mere 5 applications. What is the deal?

You can't run with just the tasks you listed. Task manager should be showing a lot more than that. Critical processes like svchost, winlogon, video card processes, driver processes (mouse, printer, etc.).

Windows will fill memory with whatever junk you load and leave it there in case you need it again.

-Run taskmanager and check it's settings.
-Run hijackthis.
-Run regcleaner to check your start up tasks.
Then delete anything you don't need using regcleaner startup tool and highjackthis.

-Then make sure you have a HD cache 1.5x your system ram.
-Make sure under control panel, system manager, advanced system properties the memory usage is set to programs.

I have 43 processes running and am only using 330 megs out of 768. Somethings wrong on your system setup.

My system uses the same amount of memory with SP2 that it did with SP1 or before SP1.
Maybe a virus?

LeeJend said:
You can't run with just the tasks you listed. Task manager should be showing a lot more than that. Critical processes like svchost, winlogon, video card processes, driver processes (mouse, printer, etc.).

Windows will fill memory with whatever junk you load and leave it there in case you need it again.

-Run taskmanager and check it's settings.
-Run hijackthis.
-Run regcleaner to check your start up tasks.
Then delete anything you don't need using regcleaner startup tool and highjackthis.

-Then make sure you have a HD cache 1.5x your system ram.
-Make sure under control panel, system manager, advanced system properties the memory usage is set to programs.

I have 43 processes running and am only using 330 megs out of 768. Somethings wrong on your system setup.

When I mentioned what I had running, I was referring to applications, not processes.

Already looked through task manager, ran hijack this, cleaned the registry startup etc. Already got all of that stuff going Leejend, thanks anyway.

I'll check out that program perris.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back