Problems with Yahoo Mail and Outlook Express (Over the Limit?)

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by brocher, Dec 17, 2006.

1. brocher

brocher Moderator

My wife has just tried to send 2 emails using OUTLOOK EXPRESS with about 6 recipients each. The first one went ok but now she is getting this error.

An unknown error was returned from the SMTP server. Subject 'Fw: Darwin', Account: 'Yahoo', Server: 'smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '521 yahoo.com closing transmission channel. User is over the limit for messages allowed to be sent in a single day.', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 521, Error Number: 0x800CCC61

As she has only sent one message today ,why is she getting this message?

I use yahoo through OUTLOOK and am having no problem. Could this be a server issue , i have scanned for both spyware and viruses and found nothing.

2. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

Thread title modified.

Please be more specific with your thread titles.

3. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

Maybe one of the recipients is over the limit for messages allowed to be sent in a single day

4. brocher

brocher Moderator

Not the problem, I tried sending a small email to my self and it wouldnt send that either?

5. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

6. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

While the post above has a very informative response :p, I agree it's something on their end. It clearly states

"User is over the limit for messages allowed to be sent in a single day"

Probably resolved by now, as the limit is probably daily. Apparently even if you contact Yahoo they won't know what is going on - but you should be able to send via webmail as Zidran over there pointed out ;)

7. brocher

brocher Moderator

I waited about an hour and tried to send it again and it sent no problem. I could also send no problem using the webmail.