Problems with UXTheme, and StyleBuilder

Discussion in 'Desktop Customisation' started by JSylvia007, Jun 23, 2003.

1. JSylvia007

JSylvia007 OSNN Junior Addict

The is more of an intermitint problem. I am using the NTFS version of the UXTheme Patcher... and windows XP Pro, version 2600.xpsp2.030422-1633 (Service Pack 1) <-- this is taken right off my desktop using the tweakUI option. Sometimes, When I apply a theme from StyleXP, the style doesnt load, and my style switches to the windows classic theme, and in order to get any non-windows theme to work, I need to delete both .bak files of the UXTheme file, and then re-run the patcher. After a restart, it works, and I can use the theme. my question is in two parts. Has this happened to anyone else.. and do you know any other better way to edit MSStyle files, besides StyleXP by tgt soft, or using RegHacker.

~Jake

2. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

you shouldnt use the patcher with StyleXP as StyleXP patches the file in memory, so the patcher kinda screws it up.
    BTW the patcher doesnt work for me with XP SP1, so I use a pre-hacked version and use the Recovery Console to set it up
    get the prehacked uxtheme.dll here

3. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

What Geffy said but the patch doesn't give me any trouble with sp1.

4. JSylvia007

sorry.. I meant something better than StyleBuilder... Style XP's answer to editing .msstyle files

5. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

/me thinks this thread is in the wrong forum. The site related part is veeeery tiny IMHO. ;)

6. JSylvia007

I completely agree Zedric... Any chance a mod could move this to the correct location... I was browsing the forums when wrote this, and a cookie on my machine must have been messed up when i wrote this... Thanks for the heads up.

~Jake

7. Geffy

I cant in this section of the forums, will get one of the other mods to do it

8. JSylvia007

Appreciate it Geffy

9. yoyo

yoyo _________________

Are you playing around with leaked versions of service pack 2? Would suspect the reason of the problem there.

10. JSylvia007

not that i know of... all i've run are SP1... and all the updated off of WindowsUPDATE... i d have the FRAMEWORK sp2... that could be the SP2 coming from on my desktop...

11. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

Thread moved to Themes & Graphics.

gonaads SMOD

12. Geffy

thnx for that :)

13. JSylvia007

Ya... thanks alot!! :-D

~Jake