Problems with TMPGEnc

• Thread starter Ultrabeamer
  • Start date
U

Ultrabeamer

Hi,

a few days ago I encoded a MPEG2 file to MPEG1 with TMPGEnc. Now I try to encode another MPEG2 file but there are always errors ("File can not open, or unsupported").

Is there anybody who can explain how to encode a MPEG2 file to MPEG1? :)

Thanks in advance.

Thank for this link. Now I tried the Plus Version of TMPGEnc but there also problems. Are there other tools which can convert MPEG2 to MPEG1?

Edit:
I solved the problem :)
Now it runs.

nevermind, i didnt see u edited the post.

btw, why do u want to convert mpeg2 to mpeg1?? just burn it as svcd if thats what you want, cause ull just drop the quality.

I want to convert it to MPEG1 because my harddisk is getting fuller and fuller (never buy a TV card :D). I don't want to burn it on CD.

I tried DivX yet. I used FlaskMPEG and the DivX Codec but it didn't work fine. It crashed nearly everytime I was trying it.

Do you know another tool which has no problems in converting MPEG2 DivX?

tmpg can also do it, im not sure but i think u can go to the options or somewhere there and change it from .mpg to .avi. but like i said earlier go to the site mentioned above and browse the guides and tools pages - ull find everything u need and dont need.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back