problems with partition magic and start up

Q

quechubin

hi, i used partition magic 8 to make a partition on my hard drive. so i needed to resize one of the partitions so i went to partion magic 8 and i put in the size i wanted it to be and what not. so it asked me to restart the computer so it could resize the partition and upon start up i got an error saying "xmnt 2002 program not found...skipping autocheck mode" and then it boots up to windows with no problem but it does not resize the partition. thing is now whenever i boot up my computer that error comes out. what is xmnt2002? how can i fix this problem? and more importantly how can i get partition magic to resize my partition? thanks in advance.

XMNT is a way of mounting & umounting your cdrom & floppy under Linux.
I would guess you are not running Linux...will look around some more and see what I can find.

thanks

xsivforce, i would really appreciate it. and you are right, i am not running linux, i am running windows xp home edition. i tried looking for some info on this but either i end up at some foreign page or at something that has nothing to do with my situation. once again, thank you.

Best I can find is at Powerquest's knowledgebase.

Solution: Close down all TSRs (Terminate-and-Stay-Resident Programs), and then install PartitionMagic again. If the error still occurs, copy the XMNT2002 file from another system that has PartitionMagic installed on it, and place the file in the \WINNT\SYSTEM32 folder.

Pretty much, a re-install of Partition Magic should solve the problem.

once again, xsivforce, you were right. a reinstallation of partition magic was the solution. so now i have a freshly resized partition and no start up error. thank you so very much. i really appreciate it.

quechubin

w00t i had the same problem and finally i know how to fix it :happy: Thanks X

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back