Problems with Outlook Express

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by gorideabike, May 20, 2002.

1. gorideabike

gorideabike Guest

I am having a problem with Outlook Express closing as soon as it opens up.

About 3 weeks ago I deleted Microsoft Outlook from my computer (not Outlook Express). After I deleted it I found that I could not check my e-mail from within Internet Explorer. I could not assign Outlook Express as my e-mail program (Tools - Options - Programs - E-Mail). Outlook Express was not an option. I could still use the desktop icon to check my e-mail.

Now I can't check my e-mail at all. When I open Outlook Express it starts up like it used to do, but when the program opens completely it immediately shuts down and does not check my e-mail. This happened all of a sudden and without warning.

I thought it might be a virus, but I've run AVG virus scan and Norton Anti-Virus without a virus being detected. Virus pattern files are up to date.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to what I can do?

2. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team

Repair Outlook Express. Go here .

3. gorideabike

gorideabike Guest

I tried to repair Outlook Express using the link that you provided. I'm still having the same problem. Outlook Express start up, I see the inbox screen for a split second and the program closes.

Do you have any other suggestions? I already reinstalled Windows XP and that didn't help either.

4. gorideabike

gorideabike Guest

I corrected the problem with Outlook Express. I right clicked on the Outlook Express icon and selected the "run as" option. I put in my user name and password and the program ran fine. It now works without a problem.

5. eGoalter

eGoalter Guest

GET OPERA 6.02 it is the best out there.

Even the free version makes ie look like a drunk pig, lolol.....