Problems with Clone CD...

D

donkey

I got version 4.1.0.1 and it read the image to the hard drive ok but isn't writing to the blank cd at all.

It goes through the whole process of writing (takes about 10 mins) but when it's finished, the cd pops out and it's still blank.

Anyone have any insights into what's going on here.

Thanks

do a Ctrl-S to re-scan the SCSI/IDE bus...look in the log window to see if you're getting something like this:

4:12:01 AM Searching for SCSI/ATAPI devices...
4:12:01 AM Device Scan found 1 CD-ROMs and 1 CD-Writers!

the important part is if your CD-writer is being found by CloneCD.

did a prior version of CloneCD work?

cd writer may b screwed. u tried nero etc?

This is the first version I've downloaded so far. Havent used any prior ones.

In the log, it does have found 1 CD-ROMS and 1 CD WRITERS.

I have Nero but the last week or so, it's stopped working so I'm trying Clone CD but that's not working either.

Also, I have a DVD-ROM and CD Writer.

How can I check if either of these are the problem.

I've checked the device manager but it says no problems. Any other way because I got a feeling somethings wrong with one of them.

try the build in xp burner. just right hand click a file + chose send to *** (were *** is the cd writer eg :f. this will launch the xp burner (i hope) :p

Hi once your in the option to burn you image make sure that you have not checked Simulate Writing if so uncheck this option and you'll be ok. And make sure your aspi layer are ok and disable the XP burning engine by right click onto burner select properties then record and disable recording.

Posted by MaryJ
Hi once your in the option to burn you image make sure that you have not checked Simulate Writing if so uncheck this option and you'll be ok. And make sure your aspi layer are ok and disable the XP burning engine by right click onto burner select properties then record and disable recording.

Actually, I had this option checked both times I think. I thought it was good to have it checked unless I really don't know what it's for.

Cna you explain that. I'll try it with the option unchecked and see how that goes.

If you have simulate checked all this does is to go through the motions of burning without burning to the disk!
I tend to stick to ASPI layer version 4.60 (1021) on my XP set up, aspi layer if not installed or have files missing can also give problems with burning so please check your aspi layer with file below.
Once again uncheck simulate burn (write) in CCD.:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back