problems with 3Com ADSL modem

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Nando, Jan 9, 2002.

1. Nando

Nando Guest

I have problems with Windows XP! Please, could you help me?

The question is the following:

(I don't speak English well. I'm sorry.)

When the Windows XP is initializing, a system error appears: "the system has halted by hardware malfunction".

Then, I need reboot my computer three times, and curiously, Windows XP begins to work without problems.

I think than this problem is ocasionated by the 3Com ADSL modem that I have installed into my computer.

Please, somebody could confirm me this?

Could you facilitate me a web-adress to download an actual Windows XP driver for my modem?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.
  2. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

Do me a favor. Open your device manager and give me the exact model number of your modem. To get to device manager, go to control panel> system> 'hardware' tab> 'device manager' button. On that page find your dsl modem and post it's complete description.
  3. Nando

Nando Guest

This is the complet description of the modem referenced:

4. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

I've just performed a search at for XP drivers for thier broadband modems.... nothing came back. I suggest you send their tech support an email and ask if XP drivers are being developed for your modem. Also, give them a description of your problem and they may have a temporary fix for you. good luck.
  5. XeoNoX

XeoNoX OSNN Senior Addict

USB DSL modems suck, too many probs, the ones that use an NIC card are way better.