Problems to restore

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by joalin, Jun 13, 2002.

1. joalin

joalin Guest

Hi, I'm new to this forum and have a question about system restore. I couldn't find any thread about this...I earlier got a virus warning about Nimda so I installed a program to get rid off it, and in order to activate it I had to disable the system restore. After I was done, I of course enabled it again. Yesterday, several weeks after this I had to restore since my pc started to act weird. It rebooted sometimes and I didn't kniw why, but now I had no restore point!!! I checked and the restore option is enabled. I can set a manual point but this is useless since I needed an old one, of course. I don't want to set manual restore points in the future. What can I do?

2. Phreak This

Phreak This Guest

Im sorry i dont have an answer, but will add that my pc just started rebooting on its own, but I dont have a virus( that I know of). It runs like a dream the rest of the time, no errors, quick on the draw, connection is beautiful, thens just BAM>>:mad: It reboots..

3. Friend of Bill

Friend of Bill What, me worry?

When disabled, System Restore losses your previous restore points. You'll have to set a new restore point. This is what I have eXPerienced:(