problems collecting mail from server/provider

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by chippie, Feb 12, 2002.

1. chippie

chippie Guest

I'm not able to get my mail from 4 emailaccounts. I'get the following error messages:

There is a time-out during communication with the
    server. Account: 'Raketnet ', Server: '', Protocol: POP3, Poort: 110, Secured(SSL): No, Errornumber: 0x800CCC19

I get this error on al 4 different accounts
    Who knows the solution? I've had it before but after a while everything was working normal. When I use webmail then everything is working fine but with outlookexpress (pop3) I'get this error.

I'm using XP pro with outlookexpress with a modem connection.

2. JJB6486

JJB6486 Retired Mod Political User

West Lafayette, IN, USA
    Go under the advanced tab in the account properties and uncheck the "This Server Requires A Secure Connection (SSL)."

3. relder

relder Guest

Could be that your mail server was down. Also could be a problem with name resolution.

You server is up as of this post. If removing the SSL configuration doesn't work, rule out name resolution by put the IP address in instead of '' The address is
  4. chippie

chippie Guest

In the advanced tab (properties from the account) there is no possibilty to check on or off the ssl I can only select the windows firewall on or off at that point. The use of gave the same problem. I'm using 4 account and all 4 give the same problem what could be going wrong, something with the firewall?
  5. chippie

chippie Guest

I've found the check box for the SSL option, but this check box was not on so this is not the solution. (The checkbox was in outlook express under accounts, properties)
  6. relder

relder Guest

You didn't mention the firewall before.
    Try opening port 25 for outgoing mail and port 110 for incoming mail.
  7. chippie

chippie Guest

I've disabled the firewall, but still no result, I get the following error (sorry in dutch)

Er is een time-out opgetreden tijdens de communicatie met de server. Account: 'HCCnet', Server: '', Protocol: POP3, Poort: 110, Beveiligd(SSL): Nee, Foutnummer: 0x800CCC19

In english:

There is a time-out during communication with the server. Account: 'HCCnet', Server: '', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secured(SSL):No, Errornumber: 0x800CCC19

What could be the problem? I don't understand anything about it.

8. chippie

chippie Guest

because I had this problem before, I've made a recovery point when my email was working (2 weeks ago) So now everything is working, but what is going wrong the last 2 weeks so email was not worling anymore?