Problems, and more problems and Recovery Console. . .

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by pjchappy, Feb 3, 2003.

1. pjchappy

pjchappy OSNN Addict

Well,
    I have had several different problems w/ my PC over the last few weeks. . .

for instance:
    - I had problems connecting to my wireless modem
    - Major slow-down in internet speed (other computer sharing the DSL modem had NO slow-down)
    - Calendar in Outlook unavailable--so, tried to reinstall Office and it says the set-up file on the CD is messed up (forgot exactly what it said)
    - Windows Update wouldn't show and available updates (however, it later downloaded them automatically and said
    'updates ready for install')
    - and other random problems. . .

So, I have reinstalled the modem stuff, done system restore, scandisk, repair installation, etc.

None of this helped. . . so, I just tried the Recovery Console using the instructions in the post above. . . however, i started doing it and NONE of the specified files in C:\windows\repair are there. . .

what am I to do. . .I do NOT want to reformat!!

p

2. pjchappy

pjchappy OSNN Addict

Office Error. . .

Here is the error when I try to re-install Office:

'This patch package could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer patch package'

I am beginning to hate computers

p

3. pjchappy

pjchappy OSNN Addict

additional problem. . .

I'm not sure if this has anything to do w/ the problems above, but here is another problem I've been having that I forgot to mention.

My Exchange account at my school won't load up. I can go to the page, sign in, and Exchange loads up. However, the page where my files (e-mails) should load up, the page just sits there and says 'loading'. . . and it never does anything. . .

I really hate computers right now. . . . REALLY hate them!

:)

p

4. pjchappy

pjchappy OSNN Addict

Recovery Console

Any clues on why the files are missing for the Recovery Console procedure???

thanks