Problem with web cam weird~~

P

paul_43

I have a web cam acer 300mini, I am sure the hardware is not damaged because I tried it on my friend's computer and it worked fine. every time I start the web cam and the screen splits to two with different color (see attachment).. do anyone knows what's happening?? I tried to uninstall the driver and reinstall it ... didn't help.. Thanks for any idea...

Paul

Does your webcam offer a program where you can solely use it to view yourself and take pictures?
Try that and if you are getting the same thing then make sure the drivers are XP Compatible and if they arent obtain Compatible ones,
Also make sure you arent having any hardware conflicts in your Device Manager

it didn't say I have hard ware conflict... .. and It didn't come with software.. only the driver...

have you tried reconfiguring Netmeeting, or tried anyother webcam software like Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7, it can aquire an image from a webcam or webcamXP maybe. Both can get images from the webcam, it might be a netmeeting problem.

I tried a few... yahoo messenger .. net meeting.. movie maker... they all have the same problem.. Thanks

What type of video card do you have? Go into your video driver settings and make sure that you have the overlay zoom function turned off in the Overlay Controls...

I had this same problem w/ my TV tuner window when this setting was enabled.

Hope that helps...

Q

have u tried loading the webcam up through my computer also?

how do you load a webcam up through my computer? what do you mean by that exactly?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back