Problem with SpeedFan 4.22

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by vivid_vibe, Mar 15, 2005.

1. vivid_vibe

vivid_vibe OSNN Senior Addict

I've recently installed SpeedFan on my new rig and some of the figures it has displayed are rather troublesome. For one thing notice the voltage on the 12v rail. Another thing is that the device on temp3 has a pretty high temperature. Can someone explain to me exactly which temp is which device? Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it still reports the same voltages. The 12v is what worries me, but everything is functioning properly. Anybody have any insights?

vivid

Attached Files:

2. vivid_vibe

Anyone? On another note, is there another temp/voltage monitor I could use as a second opinion? Any help will be appreciated.

vivid

3. vivid_vibe

Okay, I'm thinking this problem with incorrectly reporting the voltage on the 12v rail might be due to the fact that I'm using a 20-pin psu and secondary 4-pin connector on a 24-pin mobo. Can anyone confirm this? Also, I've figured out that temp2 is CPU (I am certain of this), temp1 is case temp I'm thinking, but what in the heck could temp3 be, and why is it so much higher than the others? Any responses will be appreciated.

4. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

There was a new version released today here might fix a problem or 2!

vivid_vibe likes this.
  5. vivid_vibe

Thanks alot, I'll try that out!

6. lynchknot

lynchknot Moderator

Thanks i'll try that too as my temp one is incorrect

[​IMG]

7. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

Yet another release just upon us here beta 8