Problem with sound card

T

tragedy113

Hey, I'm using a sound blaster audigy, and have been having problems lately. The sound will be working fine then i will go to bed leaving the computer on and when i wake up, theres no longer an audio device in my computer according to windows. I haven't found a quick fix for this, I have ensured that the hardware is in the mother board properly...i've tried doing a fresh install of windows...The sound card does work i've tried it in another comp, when i turn this one on i hear the pop of the subs so I know that it's getting power..thanks for any help!

this is a toughie! Have you tried it in another pci slot, updating the drivers or lowering the pci latency to 32?

Noob question, how would i go about changing the latency of pci to 32? I have tried changing slots, I put the network card in the one the sound card is in and it didn't work, then put the sound card in and it worked in the slot the network card didnt work. But I sappose I can use my onboard network card for now and remove the network card...but wait i dont think it's even detected. Damnit :(

I downloaded PCI Latency Tool 3, and Through the list it sais the latency is 000 for everything...

Last edited:
just change the 000 to 032 for the sound card. 000 is a touch too low :)

Onboard lan may be disabled in the bios. If your network card is intel or 3com though you may not want to do that :)

The onboard works, its the one in the pci slot that doesn't. I have no way of knowing which is the sound card..here's what it looks like

see attachment

Attachments

• pci latency.JPG
    pci latency.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 97
soundcard isn't onthat list. suggesting that either the audigy or the pci slot are failing - or both.

But it looks like my video card isn't on there either, ati x850 platinum, but that's obviously working..Should i change the latency on anything in that list?

no leave the rest as-is. Is the ATI AGP or PCI-Express? I'm not sure that a PCI-Express card would show up.

Is ther computer staying active or is energy saving droping it into hibernate or another loiw power mode? those modes have issues waking up. try just having energy savings kill the monitor and hd's. if the audio stays up then you at least know your hardware is good.

im just gonna go ahead and say my mobo is screwed, damn just baught it couple months ago too but only 30 day warranty

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back