Problem with Outlook 97

• Thread starter PCandNetworking
  • Start date
P

PCandNetworking

I'm using the Office 97 package on Windows XP Pro, and with some tweaking it works fine. I installed about 50 machines with the same kind of setup.

Anyways, once in a while after setting it up and releasing it to the user, they tell me that their e-mail isn't working. It's always the same problem. When they try to send e-mail to an internet address, a error message comes back saying "No transport provider was available for delivery to this recipient", the internal e-mail does work, it's just the internet e-mail.

Here's how it's setup in my network:

Exchange Server is setup for Internal E-mail Only

Outlook 97 is configured with Internet E-mail, and given all the proper SMTP, POP addresses, and so on..

Ok, so I've verified that all the Internet E-mail settings are correct, and it down to just figuring out why it's doing this, and how to correct it! When this happens sometimes I need to uninstall office, and re-install and it works, other times it more of a drastic measure.. HELP! Any ideas how I can fix this??

Hi,

Do you have access to technet? I'd settle for OL98 for starts.

Have you installed all the updates for Off97? I believe there are even some specifically for OL97 and / or OL98.

Also M$ has some articles concerning your error message. Have you read those?

Kind regards,
Willem Moolenaar

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back