Problem with Outlook 97

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by PCandNetworking, Aug 23, 2002.

1. I'm using the Office 97 package on Windows XP Pro, and with some tweaking it works fine. I installed about 50 machines with the same kind of setup.

Anyways, once in a while after setting it up and releasing it to the user, they tell me that their e-mail isn't working. It's always the same problem. When they try to send e-mail to an internet address, a error message comes back saying "No transport provider was available for delivery to this recipient", the internal e-mail does work, it's just the internet e-mail.

Here's how it's setup in my network:

Exchange Server is setup for Internal E-mail Only

Outlook 97 is configured with Internet E-mail, and given all the proper SMTP, POP addresses, and so on..

Ok, so I've verified that all the Internet E-mail settings are correct, and it down to just figuring out why it's doing this, and how to correct it! When this happens sometimes I need to uninstall office, and re-install and it works, other times it more of a drastic measure.. HELP! Any ideas how I can fix this??

2. eNuffSaid

eNuffSaid Guest

Hi,

Do you have access to technet? I'd settle for OL98 for starts.

Have you installed all the updates for Off97? I believe there are even some specifically for OL97 and / or OL98.

Also M$ has some articles concerning your error message. Have you read those?

Kind regards,
    Willem Moolenaar

3. elderec

elderec Guest