problem with MS Office 2003

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by IDLE, Mar 28, 2007.

1. IDLE

IDLE OSNN Senior Addict

i had office 2007 beta btr2 installed on my machine here at the office. since this has expired i have uninstalled this completely. then installed full install of office 2003.

after the install i am having some trouble with Outlook. i have multiple problems actually. when doing a send/received i get this error

[​IMG]

when reply to all i get this error message

[​IMG]

i also cannot see my domain address book. i can see email addy's ive used in the past when try to send a new email. like if you type in a specific letter you can see all the email addy's that start with that letter.

i have uninstalled 2003 and reinstalled with all the updates and what not. im at a loss as to what to do. thanks.

BTW i can open Outlook express just fine w/o any errors. flawless!

2. IDLE

IDLE OSNN Senior Addict

did i stump you guys? i think this is a first....stump me as well :)

3. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

4. IDLE

IDLE OSNN Senior Addict

they have great ideas but none of which fixed the problem. of things they said to try, i now get this as an error when doing a send/receive.

reported error (0x80004005)

the reply all still gives an error and i found printing doesnt work. tells me that the messaging service is not working correctly...

i hate MS

5. kcnychief

What is the status of your messaging service when you view your services - start, run, services.msc

6. IDLE

IDLE OSNN Senior Addict

fixed the problem. i had to create a new pst for my account. once this was done no more errors!!!

thanks for the help KC!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2007
  7. kcnychief

Glad it worked out.