problem with internet explorer

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by bisher, Nov 24, 2002.

1. bisher

bisher Guest

i am having a o problem with internet explorer where every time i open a site in new window it immediatly gets sent straight to the taskbar. i then have to maximize it to view the page. if i just click the link in the taskbar it shoots off the screen.
    i have checked the internet options but there is no setting to just maximize the window.
    if anyone can help it would be appreciated.

2. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team

Texas, USA
    Try this. Open a new window and when it shoots down to the taskbar, maximize it, then immediately close the window. Don't do anything else in the window, just close it. Now open a new window and see if it still happens.
  3. bisher

bisher Guest

thanks for the reply.
    that does not work either.
  4. Gus K

Gus K NTFS abuser

Did this just start, or have you recently installed/caught something? Have you tried a virus scan? Are you running XP, maybe a System Restore would help.

Try going into Tools=> Internet Options=> Advanced, and restore defaults.
  5. dav3st

dav3st OSNN Addict

seems that the new window is restored out of the screen
    right click in the new window on the taskbar, go to move, and with the arrows in the keyboard try to make the window appear in the screen
    good luck!
  6. bisher

bisher Guest

yes i tried the restore defaults 1st. i have no virus and i'm running xp pro.
    i have tried the move option from the task bar ,and the top bar of the window is just visable in the top left corner of the screen so i can drag and make it bigger but as soon as i close it and try again it does the same.
    thanks again
  7. dav3st

dav3st OSNN Addict

really weird
    you can try deleting Window_Placement value in the registry in
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
  8. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Melbourne Australia
  9. bisher

bisher Guest

managed to sort it myself by trial and error.
    to anybody who also has this problem in the future, what you have to do is right click the taskbar and scroll to cascade windows.
    well its one way to sort it.