Problem with emule/edonkey & irc

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by vern, Oct 15, 2003.

1. vern

vern Dominus Political User Folding Team

I'm having problems with mIRC and eMule running at the same time. When I am connected to a server on eMule, I constantly get disconnected from IRC. I'd have to disconnect from an eMule server before I can connect to IRC and stay connected. Does this have to do with a lot of eMule clients trying connect to me and thereby flooding my PC with too many incoming connections ... or is this something I can remedy? I am on cable, and don't even get near my bandwidth limit ... so bandwidth is not a problem. I don't know, but maybe I should bring this up on the eMule forums.

2. Bronx Bomber

Bronx Bomber Guest

maybe you should try the eMule forums....but i gots questions for you: Have you tried a different IRC client? or are you content on using mIRC? If you use a different IRC client, do you still get disconnected?

3. vern

vern Dominus Political User Folding Team

I've tried using another IRC client. I get incredible lag until I finally do get disconnected. I'll try testing a few more ... then I'll bring this up in the eMule forums. I don't know why this is happening since other eMule/edonkey users don't seem to be having any problems.