Fixed: Problem accessing certain forum posts

Discussion in 'Site Problems & Feedback' started by SysProg, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SysProg

SysProg OSNN Addict

I just tried to access the forum post "China convicts 11 on software piracy" by clicking on the link on the main page and get the following:

SysProg, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    All I am trying to do is look. Any ideas? I've had this happen for other forum items in the recent past but never had time to question why.

Thanks.

2. bmclaughlin

bmclaughlin Let's break something.

Political Channel
    This section is not for the weak hearted or the weak minded. Views are appreciated, attacks on other members are not. To see posts in this section you need to join the Political Users group here.

3. Johnny

Johnny .. Commodore .. Political User

You need to be a member of the group to view that forum.

4. bush dogg

bush dogg OSNN Senior Addict Political User

"China convicts 11 on software piracy" That’s a news article I don’t think that takes a membership?

I to have had the same message appear the last week or so with news articles, clicking the link from the front page…but haven’t experienced it clicking from other areas of the forum.

So would say try and access the article from another page of the forums and see if that works for you.

5. SysProg

SysProg OSNN Addict

Thank you for the replies. :)

I don't remember seeing anything about having to be a member of a group to view forum posts. It makes sense now.

6. bmclaughlin807

bmclaughlin807 Let's blow something up. Political User

I didn't see it on the front page before I posted... So I just thought by the title it might be in the political forum. No idea why you might be having problems otherwise!

7. Johnny

Johnny .. Commodore .. Political User

This is what was trying to be accessed ? It is a news section. There are times you will find links to discussions on the forums. They will end up in forums that are not accessible by all members.

8. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

This might be have caused by various features I am testing here on the forums, will do my best to stop things slipping thru!

9. bush dogg

bush dogg OSNN Senior Addict Political User

Your doing fine EP, the few news articles I’ve had that message happen on the last week or so were clicked from the front page under “News”. I just sneak up on the article from a different direction. :)

10. Electronic Punk

Just to note that things like this should no longer be an issue as the lists parsed should now reflect what you are able to see, it took much coffee to do this!

11. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

Nescafe should be proud!

12. Electronic Punk

I don't drink that rubbish!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.