Printer Problem

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by zeke121, Dec 22, 2002.

1. zeke121

zeke121 Guest

When I print, little black dots (almost looks like lines) appear in a row down the paper. I tried cleaning the rollers in there, but nothing. Is there a way to fix that? (It may be because my black ink is low, but I'm not sure.)

My printer is a Epson Stylus Color 777, and it is fairly new. I use the cartridge regularly. Thanks! :)

2. Bman

Bman OSNN Veteran Original

did this happen right when you got the printer, if not, have you changed any settings?

3. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

maybe remove the cartridge and clean the contacts and bottom area where ink comes out.

4. zeke121

zeke121 Guest

The printer was working great for quite a while. The only setting I've changed was I installed Epson Status Monitor 3. It worked great for about 4 or 5 months after I installed it.

5. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

I'd still say it the rollers if you cleaned the cartridges. There are alot of them. :) Maybe you missed one? Btw, is there any way you can see if the dots appear before the ink-head? Does printing a blank page make dots?

6. zeke121

zeke121 Guest

No, black pages don't make dots, probably they are just hard to see. Will using the print head cleaning utility do anything, or are you positive it's the rollers? If you are, how should I clean them and keep them clean? :confused:

7. Zedric

I said a blank page, not black page. :) No wonder there are not dots. ;)
    I'm not sure, but it seems likely. The rollers should be cleaned with cotton swabbes dipped in alcohol. You could also clean the print heads and the cartridge connectors with this.

8. zeke121

zeke121 Guest

Sorry, sorry. (Holey) No, a blank page doesn't leave dots.

9. Zedric

Ok, it's not the rollers then. :)

10. zeke121

zeke121 Guest

What is it then??? :confused:

11. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

did you clean the print heads and connectors?