Print Server

Techno Child

web{designer}
Hey guys,
I have a serious networking problem that had me up many nights lately... I bought a usb print server from cyberguys.com and i can't get anything to recognize it anymore..

what happened:

when i got it it was found by all the programs that came with it but when i restored factory settings it quit responding... even the setup wizard won't find it anymore...

what i've tried:

ok... it has a built in dhcp client accessed via ip : 192.168.1.1 by default... which i reset to 192.168.5.1 to make it usable on my network that has 1-4 taken by other routers/printers/etc... i thought that maybe when restoring factory defaults it turned off dhcp so i used a comp with xp to set the network device tcp/ip settings to 192.168.1.1 but it says that it is unplugged...

is it possible that it burned out? any help or thoughtful ideas would be helpful... it wasn't a huge investment @60usd but it would be nice if it actually worked :p

-tc

(oh, i'm definantly not a pro at network stuff and am entirely self taught through trial and error so if i didn't say something right please correct me:) )

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back