Prince Of Persia :Sands Of Time [ ? ]

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Cosmin, Jan 17, 2004.

1. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

I've bought the game two days ago for my cousin ( original ) . After installing
    ( entire ) and starting the game a message appeared : " Game ended unexpected " .
    I don't know what's happening .. ( also appeared : Geforce4MX 440-AGP8x not supported please read readmetext - I don't know if that's true .. any patches available ? )
    It's system :
    AMD 2400+
    512 DDR
    ASUS GF4MX 440 AGP 8x and so on ..

Any ideeas ? ( I wish those quick cause I've told my cousin that I haven't had time for installing "correctly" rolleyes: ..

Thanks , Cosmin

2. The GFMX440 is not supported, I have the same card. Thats probably what the problem is.

3. Kr0m

Kr0m Moderator

Bummer.
    I got this game for the gamecube, it's pretty cool!

4. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

I need to buy this game. Very fun game though.

5. TheBlueRaja

TheBlueRaja BR to Some

Yup, the MX series of cards dont support Pixel Shader(s) (2.0?), apparently.

Also, if you have this game and cant configure the keys, unplug your USB gamepad, restart the game and reconfigure, you can then plug your pad back in.

6. Dogfighter

Dogfighter Gamer

Fileshack have just released a demo of this game. its 250mb I am downloading it now. Check it out http://www.fileshack.com/
    Needs Geforce 3 or better. wont work with mx 440

7. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

a game that new just wasn't built on direct X 7 technology im afraid, the only patch is to replace it with at least a GF4 TI or ATI alternative.

8. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

GoNz0

No , it worked .. through a "program-patch" : 3D analyser .. but not lookin' so splendid as I supposed :rolleyes:

9. fantasi

fantasi My Yngy is My HoneY! Folding Team

hmm, im using a Ti4200, but i cant get it above 800x600 or else the screen will flicker. Oh well at least i can play...

10. indyjones

indyjones OSNN.net Adventurer

I have played it but had control nightmares, did not like it on the keyboard but for some reason you can't run when using my gamepad. *cough* console rip. Hopefully the awful control system will be resolved by a BIG patch

11. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

We play that game and it runs great on this rig I will double check but I think we run it at 1024-768 32bit at 85mhz will check that and post back .. but we have no problems with the game at all. Ti4200 128mb 8x that is..

12. fantasi

fantasi My Yngy is My HoneY! Folding Team

hmm fixed that flicker problem...apprently i cant run the game with AA on...=\

13. draconus1987

draconus1987 OSNN One Post Wonder

I've been trying to get that game running on Vista for months, now.. Still wont work. I've tried everything. All I get now is this, when I try to load it: "The game ended unexpectedly. Please see Readme.txt for technical support." So I go to the readme file, and it only tells me to contact Ubisoft. I call em, and they have no idea what to do. There must be SOMEONE out there that's figured it out, by now. Anyone, yet? I heard someone got a good quick-fix for it, but I can't find the forum. Anyone? -.-;