Prince of Persia Sands Of Time works on Vista

M

Mecham

OMG I have been bored s**tless on Windows Vista because none of my games will work at the moment... So I thought, I wonder if POPSOT will work, and to my utter shock it works, infact it works better on Windows Vista than on Windows XP. The graphics are much finer and chrisper and it runs a lot faster as well.

So if you have POPSOT laying around then install it because it works fine, I still have not worked out why this works but never mind at aleast I can now play a decent game, even though I can do this game blind folded. :suprised:

Don't bother installing games with locks on them because they do not seam to bypass the locking on the CD. Splinter Cell SCCT does not work because of the lock on the CD I think there will be the same issue with POPTWW Prince Of Percia The Warrior Within. THe Two Thrones will probably have the same issue although I need to try these before judging them.

Last edited:
Re: Prince of Percia Sands Of Time works on Vista

Thread title fixed

The graphics are much finer and chrisper and it runs a lot faster as well.

i haven't ran vista yet, but all i have read is how resource hungry it is, and how games will be ~10% slower. placebo effect perhaps? :)

i haven't ran vista yet, but all i have read is how resource hungry it is, and how games will be ~10% slower. placebo effect perhaps? :)

Alot of the nicities are actually disabled when running full screen applications, it explains the flicker if you run dual screens, alt+tab back to your desktop and it will be re-enabled so the effect on games isn't so much.

There are indeed alot of new services and I know I need to optimise still so that can be slim-lined.

As far as more resource hungry goes, it is just more aggressive and will make use of RAM better. I'd rather than 1.5 gigs of RAM being used rather than knowing that I might be running so many applications that my second gig stick might actually have to do some work! ;o

Now it says "Percia"

My mind can only process one mistake at a time :p

rubbish, total rubbish

In response to that, I've actually seen/read that Vista performs roughly 10-12% faster than XP does as long as the hardware meets requirements.

rubbish, total rubbish

"Rubish" I agree there, 10% slower you must have a slow machine then my friend because I have seen such a difference with gaming on Vista, it is much faster and closing the game back to the desktop is. Well just as fast as loading Vista itself.

10% slower, nar don't think so. :devious:

I would be impressed if it was faster, basically on one hand

- Should be faster as alot of legacy stuff has been removed
- Memory management will be better

However

- Vista isn't as polished as WindowsXP
- There is alot more going on in the background.

Okay I figured out how to fix this anyoing problem. It has to do with a common glitch that occurs when dual core processors try to run single core games. Here is what you do

If you have vista:
Be ready to click fast! You will need to launch the POP first quickly followed by launching another program. (The reason for this is because POP runs above almost every other windows program. I even tried alt+tab'ing my way out with no success. If you have another method feel free to post.) After opening the two programs POP should run in the background (minimized itself for me) and the other program is up in front of you. From there get to the task manager> process tab. Right click the POP.exe and select Set Affinity. In the new window uncheck CPU1.

If you have XP:
You might be able to alt+tab your way out of it. if that happens. just follow the last few steps starting with the task manager. If not you can try the above method or go to www.majorgeek.com and search for windows xp launcher (programs that will allow you to set the affinity before launching a game).

OMG I have been bored s**tless on Windows Vista because none of my games will work at the moment... So I thought, I wonder if POPSOT will work, and to my utter shock it works, infact it works better on Windows Vista than on Windows XP. The graphics are much finer and chrisper and it runs a lot faster as well.

So if you have POPSOT laying around then install it because it works fine, I still have not worked out why this works but never mind at aleast I can now play a decent game, even though I can do this game blind folded. :suprised:

Don't bother installing games with locks on them because they do not seam to bypass the locking on the CD. Splinter Cell SCCT does not work because of the lock on the CD I think there will be the same issue with POPTWW Prince Of Percia The Warrior Within. THe Two Thrones will probably have the same issue although I need to try these before judging them.

Dude! You got it to work? No problems at all? I've been trying to get this thing going for two days straight, and it keeps refusing to work. How did you do it?

I got it loaded and started playing but then the screen froze and the programme crashed.

I've been trying for months, now.. Still wont work. I've tried everything. All I get now is this, when I try to load it: "The game ended unexpectedly. Please see Readme.txt for technical support." So I go to the readme file, and it only tells me to contact Ubisoft. I call em, and they have no idea what to do. There must be SOMEONE out there that's figured it out, by now. Anyone, yet?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back