Pretty Dumb Question?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by AaronMcarthur, Jun 20, 2002.

1. I know this is kinda a dumb question. I'm just wanting to see how long it is before I have to reformatt because I always end up doing it sometime within two months. Do you know I could find out when I installed my windows xp, like what date, im thinking go into system restore and check the earliest restore point, any ideas?
  2. Friend of Bill

Friend of Bill What, me worry?

That is not a dumb question at all. As far as finding out when you last installed, head on over to and run full test and you will see under operating system date of your install. I installed my OS (XP Pro) in October 2001 and have yet had to reformatt.
  3. JBond007NBC

JBond007NBC Guest

Yuo could also open a dos box and run sysinfo
  4. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

New York

simply run command (cmd) and type 'systeminfo'

It is called original install date.
  5. Kafros

Kafros Guest

When i type systeminfo a window pops up saying retrieving information on cpu etc and then closes so i cant really see anything.What do i do?
  6. I right click on the Windows folder in My computer, the date said Friday, April 26th, 2002 and it had the same date when I typed in systeminfo in the command propmt. The only difference was were the times it said, but that dont really matter. Thanks for the help. :)
  7. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

Sacramento, CA
    when i look at my windows folder properties, the 'created:' area is blank... see attachment.

also, when i type "systeminfo" in the dos window, it tells me it's "... not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or batch file"

any explanations? }:\