Presidential Debate Discussion

Trying to avoid the debates. I don't want to burn any brain cells from it.
But from what I have seen in passing, Kerry is coming across, much more educated then Bush. And is making his points much better then G-Dubya. :)

thanks for your uninformed opinion.

Trying to avoid the debates

i think these debates are the most important thing going on in polotics right now dont do yourself the injustice of not watching them hell at least look at the highlights of them if you plan on voting.

(my opinion)

I think Kerry did a bit better than Bush. Both were nervous at the beginning.

I think Kerry did a nice job on catching Bush implying that Iraq was involved with 9/11 when he said "The enemy attacked us." I don't think Bush realised that the media would be breaking the "no cut shot" rule and therefore the cameras caught him off guard at times while Kerry was acting like he was always on camera.

That being said I was dissapointed with the answer Kerry gave when the moderator questioned him about his plan in Iraq with detailed specifics...Kerry just went on blabbering about other stuff and not really answering the question.

Bush is not as good of a speaker as Kerry, so I won't be suprised if Kerry is considered to "win" more of the debates. Still, how one composes himself during the debate isn't the most important issue... so I won't base my conclusion on how often one stuttered or made a funny face. Nerves are involved and they cause people to act ways they normally wouldn't.

muzikool said:
Bush is not as good of a speaker as Kerry, so I won't be suprised if Kerry is considered to "win" more of the debates. Still, how one composes himself during the debate isn't the most important issue... so I won't base my conclusion on how often one stuttered or made a funny face. Nerves are involved and they cause people to act ways they normally wouldn't.

That is true but these guys want to be President of the most powerful nation on Earth...I think they need to be able to handle such pressure.

Bush kept sounding like the "You don't change horses in mid-stream" comerical from wag the dog :p which I guess couldn't be too good for him.

j79zlr said:
thanks for your uninformed opinion.

perhaps you have more to contribute to this thread than sarcastic one-liners and inflamatory comments?

muzikool said:

bush did'nt have a clear answer for a single question... he didn;t have a single idea on how to move forward...

it was basically... vote for me... I have led you this far and I am consistent...

both of those things are logical fallacies... we are in the predicament we are wrt the quagmire in iraq because of the bush leadership, and bush has been far from consistent in his comments regarding the reasoning for us having gone into iraq in the first place...

what is more troubling is bush's fixation on iraq... he has an infatuation... he calls Iraq the central fight on terror even pre-invasion while it was clear that iran, pakistan and afghanistan were all more complicit in the events of 9/11... afghanistan was not taken care of adequately and thats a fact... regardless of what kerry has said, if anyone has watched the news involving iraq for the last few months it is absolutely clear it is an uphill struggle...

kerry's camp post debate focused on their candidates comments and what was the plan for moving forward...

bush's camp focused solely on painting kerry as a flip-flopper... if anyone watched the same debate that I did, I don't know how the hell you get that from his comments on the night but there the GOP was... deflecting from bush's incompetence much as bush deflected questions all night and has deflected good advice in favor of bad his entire presidency...

4 more years of deflections and wafflings and meanderings that lead us from quagmire to quagmire because the president has no clue, or a change of the guard and an idea that has been explained more clearly and on paper makes more sense?

I know which way i would lean if I was not voting for mc Cain already :cool:

Saw a few minutes on sky news this morning, Bush looks worried, not his cocky usual manner. Kerry looked like 'The daddy'.

I like Kerry he is Mustard!

I only caught part of the debate last night; but from the part I saw, the one thing that really stood out in my mind was Bush's facial expressions and overall body language. There were times where Kerry was speaking in which it looked like he was grimacing and making other strange gestures.

Kerry definitely seemed to have better presentation in this regard (and distracting the audience with funny faces doesn't exactly come accross all that well in a public statement/debate).

There was one place where Kerry did make a comment that wasn't factually accurate (perhaps a bit of an over-simplification) for his part though. It was wrt homeland security spending and suggestion of there having not been any. The dept of Homeland Security was created, and there has been some spending. As I mentioned elsewhere on this point, it would be with what was and what was not done, not that nothing was done, that a debate could center. I can't say this was necessarily an intended deception, and might have just been a generalization/over-simplification to get another point accross. I'll leave the jury out on that, as I don't know this person, and so can't speak for his motives.

But Bush's grimacing, and the expressions he was making with his face while his opponent was speaking; still sticks out in my mind today, and didn't go over all that well with me last night ;)

haha mustard... john edwards is like relish! but we all know who the hot dog is.

I hope to find a station so I can watch it from beginning to end, I agree Bush looks like a beaten Man already.

hey mods can this thread be the discussion thread? about this topic and if so can someone change the title to reflect that.

Err sorry, I think perris and I edited it at the same time :p

Grandmaster~I think Kerry did a nice job on catching Bush implying that Iraq was involved with 9/11 when he said "The enemy attacked us."

does anyone rember him saying that the war on terrorisom coudnt be won? lol .

this is just bush for you. yes i understand these are just slips.. but still. the only thing i would like to see kerry do more is take a hard stance on Social security.

Was expected that Kerry performs well in a debate that is after all his forte , in the times we live some very hard moves had to be played and I dont think it is ever an easy thing to do, if we rolled back time and Kerry was at the helm at the time, he would have gotten the same information that both Bush and Blair got. He most likley would have done the same thing, he made a mistake he admitted it, for GW to admit it now with that many troops in action would be a huge mistake and very dangerous. I think every knows that IRAQ is a very complex issue. But its so easy to say well I would not have done that ( after the fact ) when at the time everyone knew something had to be done. After 9/11 the US did not really have much of a choice to to make some BIG moves. I dont think there is a real difference overall be it Kerry or Bush , but at least Bush has the balls to make the big moves. I get the feeling Kerry is just doing what they all do is play on the weakness after the fact , but I really think if he was in the drivers seat he would not be able to control the wheel , he swerves to much , he will end up in a ditch.

just my 2 cents ...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back