PowerPoint .pps files

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Elroy Jetson, Mar 17, 2003.

1. Elroy Jetson

Elroy Jetson Little Dipper School

Hello

I need to send a PowerPoint Presentation overseas, and I don't want the recipients to be able to grab the images and text from the slides. If I save a PowerPoint presentation in .pps format, is the file secure enough for that, ie: will it be similar to a .pdf file with "view" only rights?

I hope you understand what I mean.

Thanks in advance. , EJ :blink:

2. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

Just an idea, you could set the attributes of the file to "Read-Only"... this might do it. I'll look around for some more info and get back to ya if I find something.

3. Elroy Jetson

But anyone can change the read-only file back to the original state.

Thanks for the tip, though. If you fins anything else, please let me know.

Cheers, EJ :blink:

4. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

I did think about that someone else could change the read-only, but they would have to figure that out first, right? :confused: I did some looking around though, and couldn't find anything else other than password-protecting your presentations. So I don't have any idea, sorry. Good luck to ya on this one. :)

5. Deeptrance

Deeptrance Guest

6. Elroy Jetson

7. Reg

Reg eXperienced!

To accomplish this, simply enable security. You can do this by going to Tools, Options, Security. Leave the "Read Only" blank and put a password on the document to modify it.

8. daddyo

daddyo OSNN Addict

You might try turning your document into a PDF with Acrobat Writer. The document can't be modified after that. We use that as a corporate standard for sending out docs that we do not want to be changed.

9. Kevin Ar18

Kevin Ar18 OSNN Senior Addict

Maybe you can convert to flash instead.

Also keep in mind that if they want your images, they can simply use printscreen to grab them whatever format you choose.