PowerDirector Install problem

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by sshenriksen, Sep 17, 2002.

1. sshenriksen

sshenriksen Guest

When I install the program I get this Error:

Error registering the OCX C:\WINDOWS\System32\l3codeca.acm

It still finishes. Then when I start the program it works, until I begin using it. Then I get this error:

An error occured in PowerDirector.exe and the program is shut down. Sorry for the inconvenience.

This happens every time. Is there a way to fix this.
    I got the program from a computermagazine, full version. and I would really like to use this.

Sune

2. sshenriksen

sshenriksen Guest

It seems that the system32 is locked so nothing can be written to it, but is there a way to open that manually?

3. djmorgan

djmorgan OSNN Addict

You could download the trial from cyberlink run it to see if you get the same error then reload your full version.

I have the full version which is 2.5 it will NOT work if you have Media Player Series 9 installed it will work with SP1.

Good luck

4. sshenriksen

sshenriksen Guest

It is the same problem with the trial version. I don't think I have Windows Media 9 yet. What comes with Win XP Pro?

5. djmorgan

djmorgan OSNN Addict

SP1 will only load WMP8.0 so it sems you may have some codecs missing from your set up, you can find the default codecs on the MS download site - search MS for "codecs"

6. sshenriksen

sshenriksen Guest

I downloaded all the codecs from microsoft, but it still occured. I have written Cyberlink, but they havent replied to me so I am hoping some of you could help me.

Sune

7. egghead

egghead Double O Egghead

i have power director installed without problems

goto the run box and type

Regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\l3codeca.acm

if you get an error then goto the file and select properties and uncheck the read only access

try again

if it does not work

i suggest trying to download the radium mp3 encoder and try to install power director again

you should also install winamp

if you have other mpeg software such as ulead, m2-edit pro, and tmpenc
    you should uninstall them all then try to install power director again

there is a patch at cyberlink but it only fixes minor problems after the xp install

egghead

8. sshenriksen

sshenriksen Guest

Ok. I tried to no avail. I finally found the file , but I am not alloved to write what you suggested Egghead. :( I can't figure out how to change the properties so that it will allow me to run that command.

Please help me further and bear with me.:confused:

Sune