Power Toys forxp

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by luckybw, Mar 10, 2002.

1. luckybw

luckybw Guest

when attempting to install power toys for xp i get an error code--1920.service interactive logon failed to start,verify you have sufficient privileges to start system services. then i am asked to retry or cancel installation: any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated

2. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

sounds like your installing without administer priveledges, switch to the administrator, or give the account your in thos priveledges

3. luckybw

luckybw Guest

i'am the only administrator on this system.I have disabled the switch user feature,and other login options

4. Perris Calderon

try the download as "the administrator", and not as an account with administrationpriveledges ...by the way, I noticed you have xp home...you can only be the administrator in safe mode in x[p home

5. luckybw

luckybw Guest

learn something new everyday!!! before xp was installed used delete key to get to safe mode on compaq doesnt work now tried f3 and f10 they dont work,f3 still works on aptiva but cant find the right key for the compaq

6. Perris Calderon

keep hitting f8 on reboot when the logo comes on

7. Perris Calderon

one more thing...just because you are the only account does not mean you gave the account priveledges, so just make sure by going to accounts and looking to see if the account actually has priveledges