Power on and off sound

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by silky62678, May 30, 2003.

1. silky62678

silky62678 Guest

Have anyone's computer ever made the sound like it is rebooting while it is running. I just built the a computer from the specs and it made that noise today. My old pc did that all the time. Is this normal or can this be something else.

2. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

Do you mean it beeps once? Or does the disk spin down and up?

3. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

if you mean the harddrive spinning up, it can do that. at one point the harddrive went into standby because it wasn't being used for X amount of minutes. and once you or a program requests something of it, it has to wake and spin up.

you can go into the 'power options' to change when the harddrive goes into standby, if at all.

4. silky62678

silky62678 Guest

Im able to work on my system without any problems when it happen. It's somewhat beeping type sound. Not the bios beeping sound, but it sounds like it's rebooting.

5. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

Could be a warning beep, like temp is to high or fan stopped. It doesn't have to be true though! It can be glichy sensor thinking that something is wrong. It beeps and then realises that everything is ok again.

6. XP Abuser

XP Abuser Guest

if its a funny background beep that is the harddisk resuming from standy by... dont ask me why it does it but yeh happens all the time

7. silky62678

silky62678 Guest

Maybe that's what it is. It doesnt mess aything up. so im not going to worry about it "that much"