Power on and off sound

S

silky62678

Have anyone's computer ever made the sound like it is rebooting while it is running. I just built the a computer from the specs and it made that noise today. My old pc did that all the time. Is this normal or can this be something else.

Do you mean it beeps once? Or does the disk spin down and up?

if you mean the harddrive spinning up, it can do that. at one point the harddrive went into standby because it wasn't being used for X amount of minutes. and once you or a program requests something of it, it has to wake and spin up.

you can go into the 'power options' to change when the harddrive goes into standby, if at all.

Im able to work on my system without any problems when it happen. It's somewhat beeping type sound. Not the bios beeping sound, but it sounds like it's rebooting.

Could be a warning beep, like temp is to high or fan stopped. It doesn't have to be true though! It can be glichy sensor thinking that something is wrong. It beeps and then realises that everything is ok again.

if its a funny background beep that is the harddisk resuming from standy by... dont ask me why it does it but yeh happens all the time

Maybe that's what it is. It doesnt mess aything up. so im not going to worry about it "that much"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back