power management and restarting

L

louiskhorweiwu

My problem is with my LCD screen on my laptop, an Acer Travelmate 345T powering off under power management.

I set my screen to power off after 5 mins of inactivity, which it does. However, whenever I restart my computer, even though the settings in the control panel say "turn off monitor after 5 mins of inactivity" this does not happen.

I have to manually reset the value (even if it's just to the same value) for it to function (that is until I next restart). sometimes when I restart it's fine but more often then not I have to reset this. Is this a problem with the bios? My screensaver on the other had works fine, not problems.

I'm still using a win2k bios since acer isn't releaseing a xp version (I do get the problem under my event viewer of problems with acpi, but it's supposed to be a non issue).

The stupidest thing is that I used to have the same prob under 98se, but never got around to fixing it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back