POWER DOWN Problem

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by clitoxic, Jan 25, 2002.

1. clitoxic

clitoxic Guest

Hello all...im on my uncles computer trying to fix it...the problem is that when i shut down it says 'Your computer is ok to shut down' ....how do i make it so it automatically shuts down?

2. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

ACPI and Apm features are installed at setup. You need to enable the acpi function of the motherboard in the bios... I'm not sure if XP will pick it up and fix itself or not... it may require a re-installation.

3. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

your motherboard and case needs to support ATX powersupply and you may have set some jumper settings on the board, check out your manual for details

4. clitoxic

clitoxic Guest

Would i have to update the motherboard drivers at all? or manually go into the motherboard and switch some settings?

5. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

you need to look in your manual, or go to the web site if you don't have one. If you know the model and make of the board post it here.
    If its only a few years old then it almost certianly will.

do what Lonman says also, check the stuffs enbaled in bios

6. patrick

patrick OSNN Addict

Can you have the computer automatically power down when set up as a "standard pc" rather than ACPI?

Thanks,
    Patrick

7. xpaciscool

xpaciscool Guest

i have the same problem with my computer. i whipped out my manual and there is a diagram of some power things but i have not clue what they mean. There are jumpers for the following
    Power LED
    Keylock
    Reset Switch
    Power Button/suspend
    Speaker
    HDD LED

Which one of hose would be the right one???

8. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

None of the above. Those are the ones that connect up with the case. You'll need to go into your bios and see if ACPI is enabled. Look in your manual again and see if your board it acpi compliant.