power button on my keyboard

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Lithium, Jun 27, 2002.

1. Lithium

Lithium Guest

how would i go about gettin this button to work oh man that would be sooo nice not having to bend over to push that damn button on my computer....lol

2. stuy_b

stuy_b Guest

I've got a M$ Internet Keyboard.. and have powerbutton.. infact I can rest or power off, by pressing button on top of my keyboard.. the keyboard is cheap as nuts too :D

3. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

What about swopping the wake on keyboard jumper over so u can boot from keyboard using the bios. Located near the keyboard jack on the mobo if you want a look. providing your mobo supports W,O,K,

4. a1ehouse

a1ehouse Chamone M*tha Fu*ka

How'd ya get that button to work in XP dude? Mine doesn't do anything!

That would be cool too, anyone any ideas!?!?

5. stuy_b

stuy_b Guest

Intellitype software v2.01, get it from www.microsoft.com/download :D
    You have to set the function from the keyboard settings in control panel. Also you have to set the power function under display properties too.

I've found the settings dont appear in display properties/power until you have used some of the buttons.. so I press the sleep button.. let PC shutdown, then wake it up.. go into control panel/power and voila I can set the buttons for power down state.

Hope that helps m8.

6. a1ehouse

Cheers m8 oil luk in to it an all dat. :p

7. a1ehouse

OK got my shutdown button to work now!!. Thx stuy_b.

I d/loaded software, installed, then went into Control Panel Power Options. Clicked Hibernate >Enabled hibernation, Clicked Advanced - a Power buttons options became available. Change "When I press the sleep button..." to whatever you prefer - do nothing/ask what to do/hibernate/shutdown, click OK. Done!

Cool