Post Your Case

I also got a chair at the same time, but it fell apart. Overuse apparently.

Raah got some some better pics of mine using my housemates Sony digicam. Note the tiny side window through which you can see....well not much really :)

The last pic shows my tiny TINY room at university, and the skanky state therein. To give you an idea of how small it is, the blue thing next to my desk is my bed. My bed is pushed up against the left hand wall of my room, so there's only actually enough room across the back wall for my bed and my desk for the PC. There's normally a chair in there too!

Also of note are the beer cans, proving that I am not a barman, rather a bar customer ;)

Attachments

• Dsc00888.jpg
    Dsc00888.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 120
  • Dsc00891.jpg
    Dsc00891.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 100
  • Dsc00894.jpg
    Dsc00894.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 129
Ok, Graebob, now i'm certain i have the same case. the only difference is that mine has more separations in the window on the side of the case, as well as the power and reset buttons being a tad different.

Dear Graeme Kendall,

You have ordered the following items:

Item: King Case K2-229D-BK Black ATX Midi Tower Case with 300W PSU & Side Window LED Fan & Blue Cathode
Qty: 1
Cost: 18.48

Thats it, I loved the cost :D Bought it from Ebuyer, who I hate though because all their prices are exc. VAT and exc. postage, so £18.48 turned into just under £30. Oh well, such is life :rolleyes:

Well my case isn't much, I go more for function and since no-one can hear it scream. I haven't put in any uv lighting into the case... yet. :rolleyes:

My case is an Antec SOHO SX1030 server box with 300W SmartPower PSU.
  • Mods are:

All wiring has been wrapped

HDD and Floppy cables are of the round cable variety

Case Cooling System: 4 x 80mm fans, 1 Front, 2 Rear, 1 HDD Bay

CoolerMaster Aero 7 (the Fan Speed Control was on an aluminum panel, I removed it and drilled a hole in the extra floppy panel cover and engraved it with the L/H scale, I then filled the ingraving with black paint. I might change it to white. Now I need to find a sticker or engrave the CoolerMaster logo on it. The badge that came with was too big, I put that on the front case door.)

I also have a LED panel on the front in an 5" empty bay for HDD temp.

• Things to do:

A light strip inside the front case door so it will glow through the slats.

Use one of the extra 5" drive bay covers I have from installing the DVD and cut out holes to install the HDD temp LEDs. The panel just looks to black for the case (even the DVD does but it's not sooo dark).

A dark floppy bezel. Unfortunately you can't find a dark/black bezel for the TDK burner. Unless I by a new one. :p

Maybe a window, but again, I go for function over pretty. :D

Very, very nice wiring Gonaads! :) you could always paint your burner and floppy though :-/

I have an INWIN full tower case I have modded for function, not looks since it sets under my desk. Nobody could see inside it anyway. One thing I have not seen some air cooling modders do is one thing I did do...I cut a hole in the motherboard slide out tray where the backside of the processor and integrated northbridge/southbridge chips are and have an Enermax 80MM adjustable fan mounted on the right side cover blowing outside air on the back of the MB to help cool that area. I'm not saying it would help everybody, but it cooled those items down 4 F with the fan adjusted to its lowest speed.

Here are a few sites for silent system building. That is my next prodject.

http://www.ultraspec.us/pegasos.htm

Check out the silent fan and PS links, but you may also find that Morph OS system interesting to read about on the home page.

http://www.nexustek.us/

That will give more info on the Nexus brand of stuff.

Last one:

http://www.endpcnoise.com/

More Nexus stuff. Check out the copper lined hard drive silencer. It is pricey, but it is the only one I know of you can put a 10,000 RPM drive in, quiet it and it cool the drive and with NO FANS to add noise. A friend has a couple and swears by them for his 10,000 RPM SCSI drives. He says they cooled better than any fans he'd ever put on them. He does have an 80MM Nexus 17.6 dba fan blowing across the silent HD cases for extra cooling, but said he doesn't need it. The hole was there already from a past mod, so he put a fan quiet there.

With just air cooling and no screaming fans (all Enermax adjustable at low speed) and a stock AMD heat sink and fan my system will max out at 102 F (38.8 C) under heavy load drop down to 92 F (33.3 C) under light load. I have 12 fans counting them all, 4 40 mm being on the two hard drive coolers and I want to reduce the number and get as good or better cooling at the same time cutting down the noise. The case has sound absorbing material I applied.

The PS I want to mod and put a single 120MM silent fan on it, get rid of the two 80MM fans that together can't move the same CFM of air the single 120MM can and can't do it as quietly. The other stuff is get rid of the HD cooling fans using those copper lined inclosures and replace the case fans with the quieter Nexus fans. Maybe do the heat pipe cooler on the vid card and last finally replace the stoch heat sink on the processor with the Nexus AXP 3200.

Sounds like a lot, but it will all work on my future system I want to build.

indyjones said:
Very, very nice wiring Gonaads! :) you could always paint your burner and floppy though :-/

Thank you... That's what happens when ya work on car electrical systems every day. Ya gotta wrap everything. :p

Yeah, Thinking of that for the Burner. I can always find a dead black bezel floppy... well, I think I can. :p

Only prob is I really would like to get it as close to the case color as possible but the DVD is darker sooo black is black. :D

The LED HDD temp gauges should look sweet when I do that mod.

Oh FredEX my system has been build with silence in mind, oh its not silent as it does not use all passive cooling but its soo quite i had to change hard disks because my old ones were noisy in comparison. Now the server which is the room next to me (I say server its just an old desktop pc) is still noiser than mine, and i am sitting next to my case :)

indyjones said:
At least you wont have to worry about rust now ;P

Hehe :D
It comes from my first PC which I got free from my mums work about 4 years ago. Pentium 133, full AT format tower. Currently it sits outside my room being a "Server" (meaning its gutted and I chucked the cable modem and router inside after removing the chassis)

Well I went and did the HDD temp panel Mod. And it can out saaaweet. :D

Again I have an Antec SOHO SX1030 case in charcoal/black and the original HDD Temp Panel I purchased was aluminum anodized in black. Needless to say it looked out of place. But the main reson was because the Aluminum Panel the Temp Displays come in, the end tabs that are used to screw into the Drive Bay are too short. Anyone that has this style of Antec case can not secure these Panels to the Bay. :(

At my work I used an air powered Die Grinder with a thin Diamond Tip grinding bit and cut out the marked area I had on the back of one of the original plastic 5" drive bay covers. I then removed the Displays out of the Temp Panel and resized/finished the holes I had created so as to have a tight fit I had to disassemble the displays). I installed the Displays and then reinstalled the Panel into the case. It look good. :D

Next fun... EL cable around the inside of the Drive Bay door so it will light up through the vent holes all along that U shaped cut-out on the exterior of the door. Then the Floppy face panel and the TDK CD Burner.

good job on the LCD displays they look great :)
I have seen the EL cable mod done ots of times before and it usually looks really good as a result :)

WOW gonaads thats a nice piece of work you put together there !!

Thank you, both of you... The EL cable is gonna be just a small thing since my case sits inside of my desk (it has a compartment for it). Maybe run some out around the lower part of the case. The legs or just a strip to illuminate the underside. :)

Well, did the EL cable in the door. I must say it looks cool.

I was going to put the switch for it in the side panel but opted for just leaving it tucked in the corner inside the case. I used strips of double-edged tape to hold the cable against the door vents. I ran the extra cable on the bottom inside of the case, also with double-edged tape. It illuminates well and also the bottom inside area of the case, but I'm gonna get another EL cable kit and run it 'round the upper PSU support bars to illuminate the top area then I'm gonna do a BioHazard cut-out to the side door and glue in a very thin sheet of plexiglass. Then it will look just rite. I will post when I'm done with that.

Excuse the slightly blurred image :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back