Port Forwarding Problems

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
I'm setting up a new network and having problems getting in through RDP. The ISP has a business class router/modem that has an IP of 10.1.10.1, and from that I have a Linksy RVS 4000 that has 10.1.10.12 for WAN and 192.168.1.1 for LAN. I want to forward the necessary ports to 192.168.1.15, but can't seem to get through. I know they are on different subnets really, and I thought forwarding from 10.1.10.1 to 10.1.10.12 and then from that LAN IP of the device to 192.168.1.15

How would I go about this really, or should I just try to ditch the vendor modem since it's crap anyway?

Be that as it may, that doesn't solve my problem :D I actually like Linksys, have always had good luck with them.

I think I'm going to contact Comcast per Matt's offline suggestion and request a modem only. Problem solved.

Be that as it may, that doesn't solve my problem :D I actually like Linksys, have always had good luck with them.

I think I'm going to contact Comcast per Matt's offline suggestion and request a modem only. Problem solved.

It would solve your problem. You would not be doing double NAT and double forwarding.

Chief Did you remember to set the port triggers?

Zombie I've run Dlink (3 years wireless), Linksys (10 years wired, finally died of old age), Netgear (wired, just installed) and all have been fine. On the wireless which one has the best range seems to change by model. The Dlink has good range with a decent receiving NIC. Now with NIC's I've seen major variation by brand.

Not to steal the thread but....

Which do you recommend?

Now that I think of it, actually switched to DLINK for myself recently since I wanted an N router. Tried a few Linksys routers but felt they were over-priced and slow. I'm using the DIR-655 atm and works great :) Wanted a cost effective and fast wifi router for N with a gigabit switch

Chief Did you remember to set the port triggers?

Zombie I've run Dlink (3 years wireless), Linksys (10 years wired, finally died of old age), Netgear (wired, just installed) and all have been fine. On the wireless which one has the best range seems to change by model. The Dlink has good range with a decent receiving NIC. Now with NIC's I've seen major variation by brand.

I did not set the port triggers, how would that work exactly?

Not to steal the thread but....

Which do you recommend?

D-Link DIR-615.

Linksys hardware is not bad, just the firmware. So if you have something that is supported by the OpenWRT or DD-WRT projects I would flash it immediately, and have a lot of added functionality.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back