Port Blocking

Capricorn

OSNN Senior Addict
I am using Kerio Beta 6 Firewall. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to block specific ports. I am thinking of port 135 in particular.

blocking port 135

I have a extensive article regarding closing port 135, which is written by Alexander Peter Kowalski (a win32 senior software
engineer, NY on

http://www.betuwe.net/~avatar/APK.html

click the "Z" and scroll down a few lines

avatar can you pimp that site anymore, i think most people have seen it before anyway!

Also if you remove the RPC service on 135 which is indeed possible and may sites documented you loose network connectivity, so not a good idea for a system on a LAN.

Enyo, I'm afraid some of the article above went over my head.

However am I right in thinking it is as well to have port 135 blocked each way? (I have blocked it at the moment, and everything appears to be running OK)

Also if 135 should be blocked, should any oif the other ports be blocked, without causing me too many troubles with running applications?

135 should be permitted locally if you have a local network, if you dont its fine just to block it completly.

The article above describes how to remove 135 from even listening for connections.

Its fine and recommended to have 135 blocked from access to the internet.

kerio 3 beta and open ports

I need to close the following in KErio 3 Beta but can't find the settings etc:

5000 uPnP
135 RPC

Help much appreciated

Re: Oooops

Originally posted by box2k2
Brain not in gear today.

All sorted. Cheers

Its the Sun, it takes time for us to get used to it again :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back