Popping Ears!!! HELP!!

SkazzyUK

XP-erience Oldie
omg omg omg i have had hayfver the smorning and was blowing my nose and sneezing at work, its call cleared up now, but now i have some kind of pressure in my ear and it makes a pop sound every 2 seconds and has been doing that for the last 30 mins!!! AHHHHHH help!!?? anyone know how to cure it, seeing as i'm at work there ain't no cotton buds or a swimming pool or somit

skazz

It should go away by itself. But if it doesn't, see a doctor. You can do all sorts of nasty things to your inner ear, just by blowing your nose too much too hard.

Try sucking a boiled sweet or hold your nose while swallowing.

You could always ring the doctors/hospital from work too.

if all else fails... shoot yourself in the ear..

the resulting hole will ease all pressures..

hold your nose with one hand and try to blow with closed mouth.

book a hot air baloon flight and ask the guy to go up real high then let all the air out. dropping at 1000 ft per min should decompress the old ears. :)

(disclaimer do not try this with a weak heart or during pregnancy)

DeeJotts thing is good if you are in a plane or something and the pressure is greater outside the eardrum, but by the sounds of things you have a blocked Eustachian Tube, so you have a higher pressure in the middle ear so blowing with your mouth and nose closed is liable to rupture your eardrum

If you keep making the swallowing action that opens the Eustachian Tube a bit and can help relieve the pressure, also yawning, or moving your jaw as if you are yawning. Also if you run your finger with a light pressue down the side of your neck starting from the area just behind the earlobe anmd repeat that a few times.
Also inhaling steam is good to loosen the mucus which is blocking the Eustachian Tube.
I hope that helps.

Two quick things about this from Ms Ears
QUESTION: My ears feel blocked from the inside. What is the best way for me to clear them?

ANSWER: Ears can be blocked in a number of different ways. The external ear canal can be blocked with earwax or a small foreign object. Earwax is normal in the ear canal but sometimes accumulates and completely blocks the canal. Foreign objects should never be put into the ear canal. These types of blocks can cause hearing difficulty and discomfort, and must be removed. Q-tips should never be used to remove earwax from your ear canal. Another type of blockage in the ear can occur in the middle ear, which is most often caused by an ear infection and fluid. In both cases it is important to see your doctor who will diagnose the problem and prescribe the correct treatment. Thank you for your question, and good luck. Sincerely, Ms. Ears.

QUESTION: Is there ANYTHING that can be done to alleviate the constant pressure in my bad ear? Not only am I experiencing hearing loss, but also a feeling that I should be able to clear the passage, but can't. I was recently at the dentist, and while the drill had no effect on the good ear, the bad ear responded vividly to the sound. I don't understand.

ANSWER: Anytime a person has pressure in their ear and the ear is more sensitive to sound that is conducted through bone, (like a dentist drill) I recommend that they see their doctor. Most often pressure in the ear is associated with problems in the middle ear which a doctor (ENT) can treat. My recommendation is "do not pass go" and proceed directly to your local ENT and see what he/she can do. Sincerely, Ms. Ears.

http://www.hearingcenteronline.com/askmsearsf.shtml

Originally posted by SkazzyUK
omg omg omg i have had hayfver the smorning and was blowing my nose and sneezing at work, its call cleared up now, but now i have some kind of pressure in my ear and it makes a pop sound every 2 seconds and has been doing that for the last 30 mins!!! AHHHHHH help!!?? anyone know how to cure it, seeing as i'm at work there ain't no cotton buds or a swimming pool or somit

skazz
Have you been taking english/grammar lessons from Henyman? :confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back