Poll: perris' new signature

What do you think of the new signature?

• I don't like either of them!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Basically that is the whole SNAFU with the Sigs. If ya use the WYSIWYG editor then it's screwy. Once you go in and change it to Standard you have to have your Sig hosted and use the IMG tags. Perris your old Sig is hosted off my work site's server. I could put up the new one, but if you have a place on OSNN, use it. It would make it esier for you to deal with any of your images and such. Just get yer FTP proggy goin and have at it.

You have it as well :p Could post images there and just give Perris the link.

I took the suggestion and changed the text background to green...

perris0ny.png

ok, got it in

could you try the one I'm using with transparency so the pic blends in with the board, no border on this one with transparency, I would like to see that

ok, got it in

could you try the one I'm using with transparency so the pic blends in with the board, no border on this one with transparency, I would like to see that

OK, I can do that. :)

ok, got it in

Seems tall dood.

I think the limit is about 150 total pixels, your sig img is 140 and the rest of the text is chunky too.

:smoker:

Same applies to the others. :)

Please be courteous :D

nah, there's still the edge, I thought I could have it blend right into the page

You mean like the bottom of the scientist ... that hard edge? I can soften that to maybe achieve that effect, if you'd like.

if you could make the backround transparent except for those letters, would would that do anyting?

Perris: Just a note, your signature is taller than the max allowed 150 px. I hate to be a stickler but rules apply to everyone. Please remove some of the text/or make it smaller.

howz dat?

Signatures can be no larger than 500 pixels wide and 150 pixels in height. The whole image can not exceed more the 70 kb in file size. Be sure your signature does not go over these specifications before posting it. This also includes any text you may place around your signature.

The image itself is 500 width x 140 height px, the text you have below it (The thanks, the link to blog, and whatnot) are higher than 10 pixels you still have left for any text, so according to the rules your signature as it stands currently is too big.

It is a total of 191 pixels in height, I just noticed however that Muzikool is also over that limit at 198 pixels in height. Maybe the rule should be changed instead of the signatures?

I don't like the sigs too big either

will wait to see what you guys decide on changing the size limit

I don't like the sigs too big either

will wait to see what you guys decide on changing the size limit

So far the consensus is that the sig nazi should be brought back out, and it should be limited to 150 px.

So far the consensus is that the sig nazi should be brought back out, and it should be limited to 150 px.
150's enough,sig nazi definitely needs bringing back cause too many push it and take no notice of the rule. Wasn't like this when PK was around :rolleyes: :cheeky:

if you could make the backround transparent except for those letters, would would that do anyting?

Sorry, but I'm not sure I understand. The background is transparent in that you see the forum background color around the letters. The only way you notice where the image ends is at the bottom of the scientist where there is that hard edge.

perris1ne.png

It is a total of 191 pixels in height, I just noticed however that Muzikool is also over that limit at 198 pixels in height. Maybe the rule should be changed instead of the signatures?

I should have noticed that myself. Taken care of. :)

It seems like 150px isnt enough for an image + any additional information you would like to include.

I didnt even realize that text counted as part of the 150px requirments. I just thought it was the image itself. Also, why would their be a horizontal limit of someones signature? It seems natural that limit would be the outer most edges of the sig area. I am not trying to argue or anything, I am just curious as to why things are the way they are. :)

Horizontal as well as the text below all has to do with the bigger picture, which is scrolling. Although signatures can be turned off, we don't want people to have to scroll excessively to browse the forums. In the case of horizontally, while it would be extreme, some users still run at 800x600 :eek:

Ah ok, that makes sense... to think of those poor souls at 800x600. :) I have fixed mine so that it conforms with the rules.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back