Policy Issues

BouncingSoul

Stranger Than Fiction
Political Access
At least I think this is a policy issue. Our policy guru's our out of town so I can't ask.

The issue is this. We have this machine inside a promotional kiosk. It needs to be on 24/7, unfortunately after 20 min it goes into standby. I've disabled standby in my domain admin account and the local admin account. I've also set it to never shut down the monitor, the hdd and to never start a screensaver. Usually when I do this that setting gets inherited by the user accounts and we are fine. In this case it doesn't. The user account has the screensaver set, it has the power options still set and standy still setup. If I attempt to disable them from that profile I'm told I don't have sufficient privileges to do this.

So anyway, that's when I start thinking policy, I figure that has to be something in there that just will not allow users to change their power management settings. I could be wrong. In fact I kinda hope I am, since I have no idea how to edit the policy. For the time being the account is logged in as an admin with the correct settings but it can't remain like that forever. So the questions I have are ... Assuming it is a policy issue, how do I fix it? If it isn't a policy issue what could it be?

Thanks

Sadly power settings cannot be controled via Group Policy without the above tool. I never understood why Microsoft did this. You would think the settings would be copied from the (local) administrator but it is profile specific (Default User?).

Thank goodness they fixed this in Vista and that it keeps track of the settings across the board.

Thanks guys. I'll take care of it on Monday. Reps!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back