Plugged on Monitor gives me blue screen

AudioSlayer

OSNN Addict
I have a strange problem. When i have my monitor plugged into my pc and i try to boot i get a blue screen right before windows load. When i unplug my monitor, and boot up in to windows, it works fine.....then i plug my monitor in again and i am all set. It only happens when i plug it in and boot up i get blue screens. Also counter-strike crashes says some c++ error. I have a compaq Mv740, geforce 4 mx 400 8x agp, soundblaster audigy 2, windows xp home edition sp1, dont know what motherboard. Can you please help me?

How about if it is plugged in but not powered up? Have you made a note of the BSOD codes and any drivers mentioned? Did you change your display drivers or anything recently?

Sounds like the monitor drivers are corrupted or the wrong drivers got installed. Once up and running go to device manager and uninstall the monitor. Reboot and make sure the right drivers get installed. If not sure just install standard VGA drivers until you can get the right ones.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back