Please help me.

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by circuit, Sep 23, 2002.

1. circuit

circuit Guest

Okay, running windows xp with sp1. For some reason when i opened outlook, windows messenger opened up, even though I had removed it via add/remove windows components. Now when I try to go to start, control panel, add/remove programs I get the following error:

Parser Message:
    Value creation failed " at 472.

What wonderful issue is this? Please help.
  2. Friend of Bill

Friend of Bill What, me worry?

You have to disable it again due to the updates provided in SP1 for Messenger... Attack all the messenger files via search (and destroy). Then go into the registry and scour it clean of messenger (back-up registry first).:D
  3. pulp

pulp Guest

he parser error on add/remove is caused by a faulty shellstyle in the theme you are using, go back to luna or classic and add/remove will work again.
  4. circuit

circuit Guest

thanks pulp, you were right.
  5. jak deth

jak deth Guest

The way I removed MSN and icon perm was to open it, start it, go to options and uncheck the boxes. it won't load, show the tray icon, nothing. No registry editing, no add/remove. it kilss it dead. :)
  6. yoda

yoda Guest

Messenger ughh!

Ok I don't understand exactly what pulp said, could you guys explain more than 1 way to stop this messenger from loading when I start outlook.

Thank you...
  7. laptop

laptop Guest

I got rid of mine by:

Right click on the start button

Click "explore"

then clicked "Program files"
    and deleted the entire folder out of the hard drive.

I did it on my desktop computer too and they don't show up
    anywhere, even in the registry.

Sure don't miss that ugly Icon either.
  8. yoda

yoda Guest

No luck...

I have tried that- also renamming the folder, deleting the folder but it's protected and I don't know how to get around that.

This is after Service Pack 1 install.
  9. zalood

zalood OSNN Addict

10. yoda

yoda Guest

Can someone explain how to stop MSN from loading up when I launch Outlook, not Outlook Express?

I use Outlook not Express, so the registry is different...

Or should I just do the Express thing and that will fix me up for regular Outlook too?

If not - whoever decides to explain how to do this with Outlook could you provide a screenshot - I don't care how big it is, just show me the necessities.
  11. 2z

2z OSNN Gamer

without the quotes into Run, and you will get the Group Policy Editor. Following are several things you can do with this utility. Be careful: If you don't understand what you're changing, your best bet is not to change it. You can really do some damage. After all, you must be logged in as an administrator to do any of this.

You can stop the Windows Messenger from loading. Make sure you exit Messenger before you begin. Start navigating at Computer Configuration. Next, go to Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Windows Messenger, double-click "Do Not Allow Windows Messenger To Be Run," and choose Enable to block Messenger from loading. This setting has the added bonus of not automatically loading the Messenger every time you load Microsoft Outlook and other Microsoft applications, so if you never use Windows Messenger, you can save resources by blocking its incessant loading.

12. yoda

yoda Guest

That worx BUT - why does it take so long for Outlook to load up now?
  13. 2z

2z OSNN Gamer

This is the fix
    open reg edit

hit edit / find

open the subfolders

InProc32 and LocalServer32
    key values
    C:\Program Files\Messenger\msgsc.dlland
    C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

and modify both these default keys
    to an empty string. (no value)

14. yoda

yoda Guest

ok uhmmm ....

I only see 2 CLSID folders which are expanded with that key and see nothing about a value anywhere.

Let me know -- what now...

I was also trying to host a http server but my local area connection isn't normal - if i hit properties on it I don't get the normal listed client for microsoft networks, file and print sharing, QoS packet scheduler, and Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)--

I only get a general tab with the option to display the icon in my systray. What is new though is this Network Bridge (MAC Bridge Miniport) also my mapped network hard drives are no longer connected (working)...

These problems appeared just a couple days ago. They did initially work with Service Pack 1 but now after about 2 days ago, not one bit of networking works now. I have no clue why!
  15. 2z

2z OSNN Gamer

this is what it looks like

right on the key called default, modify
    delete the "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msgsc.dll" text

then do the same in the LocalServer32 folder

16. yoda

yoda Guest

Okay now i got it... my prob was the fact that it doesn't find the correct {FB7199AB-79BF-11D2-8D94-0000F875C541} string where your talking unless you have the right ROOT open.

I totally deleted those values which both pointed to some type of .dll of Windows Messenger I think.

Thnx for all the help. =)

(After Reboot <Loaded Outlook>)
    Still took almost 1 minute or more to load Outlook.
    why is it still lagging ?
  17. yoda

yoda Guest

Still waiting for a fix on outlook taking forever to load up...
  18. 2z

2z OSNN Gamer

19. yoda

yoda Guest

I do not have Outlook version 6 or Explorer version 6

Outlook version (10.2627.2625) Service Pack 1 ?
    Internet Explorer version (6.0.2800.1106.xpsp1.020828-1920)

So since I'm trying to fix Outlook loading times this isn't going to help me at all...right?
  20. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

New York
    yoda, those are the latest versions of each. meaning you have the newest version of both outlook and ie.